Troop 465 invites you to check us out!
Are you a Webelos II or an 11 year old or older youth looking for a Boy Scout troop? We invite you to come and check us out.
Troop 465 is El Dorado Hills’ newest troop. We were founded in 2011 by experienced scouters and have a passion for developing boys into young men with strong character through both outdoor and indoor activities that stress organization, leadership development, teamwork, and FUN!
November thru February is the annual period when Webelos 2 complete their Arrow of Light and begin to look at options for a Boy Scout troop experience.
Why choose Troop 465?
- Youth leadership development – our low number of boys provides many opportunities for boys to grow at their pace and develop leadership skills at every level
- We believe in and practice the Patrol method – BSAs proven boy-led method for troop leadership
- Experienced adult leadership – our adult leaders have many combined years in scouting and are active in troop, district, and council activities
- Strong and healthy relationship with supportive charter organization – the El Dorado Hills Rotary Club
- Strong partnership with Rolling Hills Christian Church we meet weekly
- Well-resourced and established. We've invested in all new, top quality gear. Every patrol is issued a comprehensive "patrol box". Our 3-season tents are less than a year old.
- Organized troop events/outings/campouts at least monthly. Add to that Patrol events/outings and troop meetings and there are lots of choices for fun and development.
- …and many more
If your scout needs to complete Arrow of Light requirements or if you would like help conducting your AOL ceremony, we would be happy to help.